270W Semi-Flexible Fibreglass Solar Panel With A Round Rear Junction Box And 3M Cable, With Durable Etfe Coating - 3 Year Warranty
At Van Junkies we love high-quality solar products. That's why we have developed this highly durable semi-flexible solar panel reinforced with fibreglass plastic and a strong ETFE surface and made from monocrystalline solar cells. This model also features a rear-fitted circular junction box and 3m dual core cable. This high-efficiency 270W solar panel is perfect for permanent outdoor use to provide free electricity for charging 12V batteries to power various applications, such as in a motorhome, caravan, camper, boat, or for solar lighting systems, off-grid, and backup solar power systems. The panel can also be used to provide direct power supply for applications not sensitive to changes in input voltage/current (e.g. electric motors or pumps) and for various grid-tie applications.
- Robust construction using plastic reinforced with glass fibre creates a sturdy and durable solar panel
- Specially textured surface significantly reduces light reflection and improves performance in low light and cloudy conditions
- The highly flexible design makes this panel ideal for curved roofs and surfaces where bonding is preferable (though it can also be fixed by bolts or screws)
- The rear junction box allows for a smooth and level surface, free of trip hazards and unsightly cables. Round shape for easy fitting
- The panel is incredibly light (only 4.75kg) and very thin (just 2mm) which is great for all vehicles
- High resistance to salt water environments makes it perfect for boats and marine applications
- The sealed waterproof design ensures it can be used in all weather conditions
Strong ETFE coating:
In addition to the fibreglass reinforcement, the surface of this 270W semi-flexible solar panel is made of strong ETFE material which has a longer service life compared to standard semi-flexible solar panels. As a result, these particular semi-flexible solar panels are extremely hard-wearing and less prone to cracking, delamination and corrosion. The lightly textured coating of this panel creates an anti-reflective surface which allows the panel to absorb a far greater amount of light, thereby increasing efficiency. ETFE material has long been used in applications where durability and high-temperature resistance is required, such as in the Eden Project, Cornwall.
High-quality 9-busbar solar cells:
This panel also features new-generation 9-busbar solar cells, which are more efficient than the 2, 3, 4 or 5 busbar solar cells used in most other solar panels, and are able to extract more power from the same surface area. This results in a smaller overall solar panel, which is ideal for applications where space is limited.
Anti-reflective textured surface:
The textured surface of this solar panel reduces the reflection of light whilst maximising the absorption of light from every possible angle. This ensures high performance in low light or cloudy conditions, or when the light falls at an angle (in the morning, evening, or winter).
Simple, professional installation:
This particular model features the junction box and cable on the rear side of the panel to create a completely level surface and professional finish after installation. Unlike other solar panels, the junction box on this solar panel is a circular shape with only one dual core cable (3m length) attached, allowing for simplified installation. Please note: in order for this panel to be flush-mounted, a recess must be cut into the roof/surface.
Solar panel specifications:
- Peak power: 270W
- Maximum power voltage: 24.2V
- Maximum power current: 11.26A
- Open circuit voltage: 28.1V
- Short circuit current: 11.83A
- Dimensions: 1900 x 710 x 2 mm
- Weight: 4.75 kg
This product comes with a 3 year workmanship warranty which covers material and production defects