270W Black Semi-Flexible Fiberglass Solar Panel With Durable ETFE Coating
This highly durable black semi-flexible solar panel comes with reinforced fibreglass plastic and a strong ETFE surface and is made from monocrystalline solar cells. The high efficiency 270W solar panel is perfect for permanent outdoor use to provide free electricity for charging 12V batteries to power various applications, such as in a motorhome, caravan, camper, boat, or for solar lighting systems, off-grid, and back up solar power systems. The panel can also be used to provide direct power supply for applications not sensitive to changes in input voltage / current (e.g. electric motors or pumps) and for various grid-tie applications.
- Robust construction using plastic reinforced with glass fibre creates a sturdy and durable solar panel
- Special textured surface significantly reduces light reflection and improves performance in low light and cloudy conditions
- Highly flexible design makes this panel ideal for curved roofs and surfaces where bonding is preferable (though it can also be fixed by bolts or screws)
- Black backing makes the solar panel ideal for discreet and aesthetically pleasing installation on dark coloured roofs, vehicles or mounting surfaces
- The panel is incredibly light (only 5.00kg) and very thin (just 2mm) which is great for all vehicles
- High resistance to salt water environments makes it perfect for boats and marine applications
- Sealed waterproof design ensures it can be used in all weather conditions
Strong ETFE coating:
In addition to the fibreglass reinforcement, the surface of this 270W semi-flexible solar panel is made of strong ETFE material which has a longer service life compared to standard semi-flexible solar panels. As a result, these particular semi-flexible solar panels are extremely hard-wearing and less prone to cracking, delamination and corrosion. The lightly textured coating of this panel creates an anti-reflective surface which allows the panel to absorb a far greater amount of light, thereby increasing efficiency. ETFE material has long been used in applications where durability and high-temperature resistance is required, such as in the Eden Project, Cornwall.
High quality 9-busbar solar cells:
This panel also features new generation 9-busbar solar cells, which are more efficient than the 2, 3, 4 or 5 busbar solar cells used in most other solar panels, and are able to extract more power from the same surface area. This results in a smaller overall solar panel, which is ideal for applications where space is limited.
This solar panel has a unique black backing, making this solar panel ideal for discreet and aesthetically pleasing installation on dark coloured roofs, vehicles or mounting surfaces. Please note that this solar panel is not 'ultra jet-black' - the exact hue may vary marginally from panel to panel, depending on the batch of solar cells.
Anti-reflective textured surface:
The textured surface of this solar panel reduces the reflection of light whilst maximising the absorption of light from every possible angle. This ensures high performance in low light or cloudy conditions, or when the light falls at an angle (in the morning, evening, or winter).