We always ensure that our products are of the highest quality. This is why we have selected premium German solar cells for use in this solar panel. These high-efficiency solar cells perform exceptionally well in low light conditions (particularly when compared to solar cells of other origin) and they produce a good amount of power simply in daylight, even when direct sunlight is not available.
100W solar panel:
This high efficiency, waterproof 100W 12V monocrystalline solar panel is perfect for permanent outdoor use to provide free electricity for charging 12V batteries to power various applications such as in a camper van, motorhome, boat, shed, farm, as well as remote applications such as telecommunications or monitoring equipment. It can also be used to provide a direct power supply for applications not sensitive to changes in input voltage / current (e.g. electric motors or pumps).
The panel is fitted with 5m of special solar cable which can work at high roof temperatures, with minimum power losses. A pair of male / female MC4 connectors are crimped on the end of cable for easy connection to other solar panels, extension leads or to your existing system (the MC4 connectors can also be cut off when wiring to the screw terminals of a solar charge controller).
The long-lasting, high-efficiency monocrystalline German solar cells and the tough, sealed, aluminium frame will give you years and years of consistent, free power. The waterproof design ensures the panel can be used in all weather conditions.
This panel also features innovative 5 busbar solar cells, which are more efficient than the 2, 3 or 4 busbar solar cells used in most other solar panels, and are able to extract more power from the same surface area. This results in a smaller overall solar panel, which is ideal for applications where space is limited. These solar cells are also the best choice for applications in warmer climates, as they operate well even in high ambient temperatures.
10A solar charge controller:
The kit includes a 10A 12V/24V Photonic Universe solar charge controller designed to protect batteries whilst charging them, with automatic cut off to prevent over-charging and deep discharge. The controller uses PWM (Pulse Width Modulation) technology which increases charge acceptance and prolongs the life of your battery. Often PWM technology can recover some lost battery capacity.
This controller stops reverse current at night (from the battery back to the solar panel) so your battery won't lose any charge. It has many other protection functions such as over charge / discharge, over load, short circuit, overheating etc. Other features of this controller include LED indicators, temperature sensor, and a load "on/off" button. One of the greatest benefits of this powerful 10A controller is the small size - only 14x7cm.
This controller can work with sealed, gel and flooded batteries (the default is sealed) or a user-defined battery type (please note battery type can only be changed from default using one of the communication methods listed below). The controller can accept up to 160W (12V battery) / 320W (24V battery) of solar power input, which makes it a perfect choice for small or medium solar PV systems with a battery and load such as in a campervan or boat.
The solar charge controller also features advanced communication technology, which offers the user the opportunity to monitor and program parameters for the solar charge controller through various methods:
1) The controller can be connected to a remote meter MT50 with an LCD screen, which displays system performance information, and allows the user to manually adjust parameters and load settings
2) The controller can be connected to a Wi-Fi module to create a Wi-Fi network, to which your mobile phone or tablet can connect, in order to monitor or adjust charging parameters and controller settings through a free mobile app - Solar Station Monitor (available for Android and iOS users).
3) An RJ45 to USB cable can be used to connect the controller directly to your PC / laptop, where parameters and settings can be monitored and adjusted via a free computer program - Solar Station Monitor (Windows-based PCs and laptops only).
Using one of these communication methods, the user will gain access to various charging parameters such as voltage, current (separately for solar panel / load), battery state of charge, accumulated charge and discharge energy, min/max voltage and other information. If required the user will also be able to amend the battery type and capacity, set charging volts for different charging stages, specify the duration of each charging stage, create a user-defined battery type with charging parameters specific to their battery (if the pre-existing options are unsuitable), personalise the 'load' settings (e.g. set timers for lighting, fans, pumps) and more.
In addition to the built-in temperature sensor, the controller has a pair of terminals for connecting a remote temperature sensor, which can be attached directly to the battery to measure the battery temperature more precisely and optimise the charging process.
Please note: This is an essentials kit and does not include mounting accessories or battery cable. If you require these additional items, please purchase them separately.
Solar panel specifications:
- Peak power: 100W
- Maximum power voltage: 20.2V
- Maximum power current: 4.95A
- Open circuit voltage: 23.9V
- Short circuit current: 5.26A
- Power allowance range: +/- 3%
- Dimensions: 845 x 670 x 30mm
- Weight: 7kg
- 4 mounting holes 9 x 11 mm
- 2 x 5m of high quality single core solar cable 4.0mm cross section
- Male and female MC4 connectors attached (can be cut off when wiring to the solar controller)
Charge controller specifications:
- Rated current 10A
- Fully automated operation and auto 12/24V selection
- Wide solar input voltage range up to 50V
- 3 pairs of terminals (input, battery, output)
- LEDs to indicate charging, battery and load
- Temperature sensor for automatic compensation (-3mV/°C/2V)
- Over load protection (≥1.05 times the rated discharge current)
- Short circuit protection (≥2 times the rated discharge current)
- Over charge / discharge, overheating and other protection features
- Self-consumption: ≤ 8.4mA (12V) / ≤ 7.8mA (24V)
- Working temperature: -35C to +50C
- Terminals for wire up to 4mm2
- Size: 13.8 x 6.9 x 3.7 cm
- Weight: 130 g
- Multiple mounting holes for ease of installation
Please note: due to our warehouse arrangements, the solar charge controller may be shipped from a different warehouse to the solar panel and therefore delivered in a separate package.
This product is covered by a 1 year warranty