This 10W solar charging kit includes:
- High efficiency 10W monocrystalline solar panel with 3m cable
- Advanced 5A solar charge controller with USB charging port and battery protection functions
- 2m battery cable with crocodile clips and a fuse
- User manual with installation instructions
10W Solar Panel:
This kit comes with a waterproof high efficiency 10W solar panel which is perfect for permanent outdoor use to provide free power for charging a 12V battery to then power various devices for many applications (e.g. 12V lights, fan, small water pump, electric fence etc), or for trickle charging a larger battery to maintain its charge level, such as in a camper, car, van, motorbike or boat.
The long-lasting, high-efficiency, monocrystalline cells and the tough, sealed, aluminium frame will provide years and years of consistent, free power. The waterproof design ensures that the panel can be used in all weather conditions.
5A Solar Charge Controller:
This kit includes an advanced 5A solar charge controller designed to protect your 12V battery whilst charging it. This advanced controller has a 5V USB port (1.2A output) offering fast charging of USB compatible devices (e.g mobile phones, tablets, mp3 players etc) as well as a pair of load terminals for connecting 12V loads (such as lights) if desired.
This solar controller features a full range of safety functions such as protection against reverse current at night (from the battery back through the solar panel), over charge / discharge, overvoltage, over load, short circuit etc. The PWM (Pulse Width Modulation) technology used in this controller increases charge acceptance and prolongs the life of your battery. PWM technology can also recover some lost battery capacity.
Other features include bright LED indicators to show the battery state of charge as well as the status of the solar panel and 12V load. An "on/off" button is also available for the load.
The controller is compatible with sealed, gel and flooded batteries - the battery type can be selected by the user.
The panel comes with 3m solar cable attached to the waterproof junction box on the back, for connection to the solar charge controller. In addition, the solar kit includes a 2m battery cable with a fuse and crocodile clips for ease of connection to your battery.
Solar panel specifications:
- Peak power: 10W
- Maximum power voltage: 17.5V
- Maximum power current: 0.57A
- Open circuit voltage: 21.6V
- Short circuit current: 0.61A
- Power allowance range: +/- 3%
- Dimensions: 34 x 24 x 2 cm
- Weight: 1.3 kg
- 4 mounting holes
- 3m of 1.5mm cable attached
Charge controller specifications:
- Charging current: 5A
- Load current: 5A
- Rated voltage: 12V
- LEDs to indicate battery state of charge, solar panel and load status
- Self-consumption: 12V ≤5mA ; 24V ≤7mA
- Working temperature: -35C to +55C
- USB Interface: 5V DC / 1.2A
- 3 pairs of terminals (solar panel, battery, load) for wire up to 2.5mm2
- Size: 109.7 x 65.5 x 20.8 mm
- Weight: 90 g
- 2 x 4.5mm mounting holes
This product is covered by a 1 year warranty